Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Monday 29 July 2019

Ultramarines: Show Exclusive Primaris Lieutenant Gallery

Ultramarines: Show Exclusive Primaris Lieutenant Gallery


Completed this over the weekend whilst I was waiting for a break in the rain so that I could undercoat my Warhound and Knights for Titanicus. Picked up the show exclusive Lt from Games Expo. Happy with how he came out but so pleased with the photos, I really must make an effort to try and improve. Work is still progressing on The Big G, but needed a break from the gold. Hopefully will get some WIP of him this week. This brings my growing Ultramarines to 25 models and no vehicles as of yet. Looking forward to completing the Big G and then moving onto Titanicus for a while.


4 comments:

  1. Shouts "Contrast" all over. I'm sure you can do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No contrast paints were used at all. But thanks for the constructive feedback oh anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, congratulations on making it look like Contrast without using any then but that doesn't make things any better. The paint job is sloppy as far as I can see and that's surely not what your aiming for. But there is a solution: Swallow your pride and do it again.

    Most acrylics can be safely removed with pure alcohol (f.e. isopropanol) so you should have no trouble to strip the color. And before you ask: I do so myself whenever I fall short of my expectations. Over the years I had countless minis stripped and repainted and though it hurts to admit defeat it hurts even more to accept failure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going for a glossy blue look to my armour rather than the standard flat Ultramarines blue. I have stripped many models myself in the past so understand this process.

    What steps would you suggest to get a better look to the glossy armour?

    ReplyDelete