Saturday, 20 October 2018
Friday, 19 October 2018
Wednesday, 17 October 2018
This week has been tough with prepping for Essen Spiel with work so no time for any test games of Shadespire but looking to take it with me so can get some games in the hotel. In the background I have been planning a new D&D campaign and creating my own homebrew world. Part of the growth of the history our group will play some historical games to create the world history. This is going to be one of the Titans that the players will play with.
Really enjoyed painting this figure, looking forward to completing the rest of the warband.
Wednesday, 10 October 2018
I have had a read through the rules and I understand the basic flow of the game, but as I guessed prior to reading this game is going to be all about the deck and deployment of the warband.
Then I cracked onto the model and started my Stormsire's below are the work in progress shots.
Rather than the standard blue and gold I have gone with a rich purple and gold, liking the painting of the models so far
Hope to have these finished before I head to Essen in 2 weeks time.
Sunday, 7 October 2018
With Nightvault being released last weekend Andy asked if I was interested in taking part in a small session of games. Having only really got about 10 matches under my belt with Shadespire I was a little hesitant due to my lack of understanding of pre-game deck building. However the models in the new starter set swayed me over. Andy had already decided to start with the Thorn's of the Briarqueen, so I was left with the Stormsire's Cursebreakers, So I thought with a start of what is really a new type of gaming for me. I would break down how I am going to approach the game.
1. Read the narrative back story to get a grasp on the setting.
2. Assemble the figures.
3. Read the rules and run through some solo test games.
4. Start painting the models.
5. Read through the card and try to gain an understanding of the reason for taking them and how combinations will work together.
6. Look to get some games under my belt just using the basic deck.
7. Research online to find out other people's deck builds and try to learn why they are picking the cards and how they will look to work.
So check back to see my progress on how I fair learning a totally new style of gaming.