Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Sunday 7 October 2018

Nightvault the Start of a Journey

With Nightvault being released last weekend Andy asked if I was interested in taking part in a small session of games. Having only really got about 10 matches under my belt with Shadespire I was a little hesitant due to my lack of understanding of pre-game deck building. However the models in the new starter set swayed me over. Andy had already decided to start with the Thorn's of the Briarqueen, so I was left with the Stormsire's Cursebreakers, So I thought with a start of what is really a new type of gaming for me. I would break down how I am going to approach the game. 

1. Read the narrative back story to get a grasp on the setting.

2. Assemble the figures.

3. Read the rules and run through some solo test games.

4. Start painting the models.

5. Read through the card and try to gain an understanding of the reason for taking them and how combinations will work together.

6. Look to get some games under my belt just using the basic deck.

7. Research online to find out other people's deck builds and try to learn why they are picking the cards and how they will look to work.

So check back to see my progress on how I fair learning a totally new style of gaming.







No comments:

Post a Comment