Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Saturday 2 April 2022

Hobby Butterfly Part 2 The Reckoning


 


Over the course of this week I have gone through most of my plastic pile of shame and also looked at the games I have and what I realistically want to play going forwards. There are going to be two piles of shame going forwards.


1. Models to keep and paint.

2. Models to sell and make way and space.


Looking at the games I own and trying to weigh up now the time that I have available to paint and game So I have rationalised my list of games to the following:

Bloodbowl

I have always loved Bloodbowl and remember picking up the 1st edition from GW York way back in the mists of time. So looking forward to bringing back my Skaven team and painting up some of the new teams,

Necromunda

Was a big part of my gaming time when I worked in London, playing after work at the now closed Plaza GW store, with good mates Dean and Matt.

Horus Heresy

Well who isn't going to play Horus Heresy after the latest announcement from GW?  I have loved the novels for a long time and seeing the new trailer and the figures for the upcoming game it is time to dust off the Imperial Fists and Word Bearers that I have. Its going to be a real hardship to go through the novels again to pick up inspiration,

Adeptus Titanicus

This was the first game that I ever bought, a long summer of cleaning cars in York and picking the box set. This was the set that contained the polystrene buildings and red and blue titans. My friends dad had built them a custom built sculpted table and the summer was recreating battles that we read in White Dwarf. 

Aeronautica Imperialis

As my last true gaming event that I attended it is one my last completed fleets or lists. Also getting given the latest box set for Christmas it would be rude not to get them painted up. 

Kill Team- For Terrain if applicable

Terrain basically will need to fit in Necromunda or Horus Heresy.


There is an absence of Age of Sigmar and any fantasy related hobby, this is mainly as even though I do love some of the models in the range, I just cannot get my head round the background and the rules. Tried many a time but just feel like I am playing a version of 40K. I am looking forward to when GW release Warhammer Old World as that is my kinda fantasy game.


I am also going to add in something called Showcase Model

This will basically allow me to pick a model from any range or company that I would like to paint. I am using this a chance to improve my painting techniques and push to create my best paint job.




No comments:

Post a Comment