Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Sunday 10 July 2022

Lamb Leg Steak Red Wine Kebabs


Been a while since I posted about one of my other passsions. I love cooking and like a lot of us love a good BBQ. 

I have had many types of BBQs over the years but last year made an investment in a slightly different style of BBQ. I bought us  Firecage.


It is mobile based on wheels and has a large firebed with lots of versitile cooking platforms and areas. I will do a more detailed post on the Beast as it has been affectionly nicknamed by friends and families. 

Todays cook was a nice simple set of Lamb Leg Steaks marinated in Red Wine. 


Ingredients:

500g grams of Lamb Leg Steaks
100ml of Red Wine
2 Cloves of Garlic
Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Tbsp of Dried Oregano
4 Kebab Sticks.

Method

Cube the lamb leg steaks into roughly 2cm cubes pop in a bowl. Drown the cubes in the red wine and add the cloves of garlic crushed. Zest and juice your lemon and add to the bowl. Finally shakey shakey over the oregano. Wrap the bowl in cling-film and pop in the fridge. Minimum of 4 hours over night if possible. 

Thread your cubes on to your skewers and get your BBQ ready for cooking.  When coooking meat I always take my meat out of the fridge for at an hour to get upto room temp. 




Cooking time really is down to your personal preference. For me and the wife we like the lamb still a little red, so roughly 15-20 minutes.

We served the kebabs, with some homemade houmus, potato salad, tatziki, and Rosemary and Chilli Foccia bread.





No comments:

Post a Comment