Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Tuesday 28 June 2022

Horus Heresy: The First Steps


 With my much needed holiday over, it was back to good ol'Blighty from Greece, my extra wait to open up my Heresy Age of Darkness box set was not wasted. I did plenty of research reading other blogs and watching the community creators You Tube videos. In my head I had thought I had decided what my first steps were going to be, that was until I started opening all my pre-orders. I must admit the sheer amount of plastic in the box set I found intimidating. Normally with a new starter set there are 2 sides, bish bash bosh and the forces are assembled and you are gaming. Now with Age of Darkness things are not quite so simple....

Thankfully Andy a good friend of mine has picked up a starter set and has decided on Blood Angels as his force, so this made my decision making a little more easier. Reading through the rulebook it is very clear that you need a good amount of line troops to be able to take and hold objectives.

As I already have a painted Tactical squad of 10 with a Rhino. I decided that my first unit would be another Tactical squad and the Praetor with the axe. This would at least give me a legal starting point to the army and give me a little more time to decide on the rest of my list. 

So as you can see in the picture the first squad and praetor are built and ready for undercoating. I am aiming to have this squad completed this week. 

What progress have you made with your box set? and have you yet decided on your army list?

No comments:

Post a Comment