Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Monday 1 August 2022

Horus Heresy: Sons of Horus Army List First Draft

 

Received an email today from the events team that they are holding another Heresy event in November and its two dayer 3000 points. So have the time booked off with her indoors, so thought was time to draft out my first army list 

HQPOINTS
Abaddon250
5 Justaerin Terminators275
Multi-Melta25
Cataphractii Praetor135
Magna Combi-weapon10
Paragon Blade15
710

I have an idea that i saw on Instareddwer for an Abbandon conversion but I do love his stats as a leader for the army.

TROOPSPOINTS
Tactical Squad100
Nuncio Vox10
Power Sword10
Plasma Pistol10
Rhino35
Dozer blade5
Tactical Squad100
Nuncio Vox, Vexilla20
Chain Bayoney20
Power Sword Plasm20
Tactical Squad100
Nuncio Vox, Vex20
Bayonet10
Power Hammer10
Flamer2
Tactical Support Squad145
Rotor Cannons50
Vox, Vex20
687

Troops are built from the starter box with some rotor cannons added as some support. one unit in a rhino to rush forward to take an hold an objective.

ELITESPOINTS
10 Cataphractii325
Two Lightning Claws100
Spartan350
Contemptor Dread175
Gravis AutoCAnnon10
960
The Elites are coming in at nearly a third of points. I do think that the Spartan is expensive for what it can do but there is a need for some heavy weapons in the army. But the spartan could be the first item to be dropped from the army if points are tight.

HEAVYPOINTS
Heavy Support100
Vox, Vex20
Heavy Support100
Missile Launcher25
Vox, Vex20
Kratos300
Sponson Volk15
Hull F,R,L Volk5
Leviathan270
Siege Drill5
860

Heavy choices are what I have from the box set, the Kratos and the Leviathan I picked up at the weekend.

The army at the moment is 217 points over so I am prob going to trim out the Spartan to start off with and an in some more troops, But have a test game coming up in a months time so I can see how I want my army to play. At the moment my idea is to engage the opponent over the objectives.

Next post up this week will be showing the progress made on the army so far. 

Anyone else heading to the event?

No comments:

Post a Comment