Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Sunday 30 December 2018

Hobby Resolutions 2019


With the end of 2018 rapidly approaching I have been taking time during the festive break to look forward to next year's hobby projects. Before I jump into that I will have a small reflection on 2018.

This year was about getting myself back into the blogging flow. Over the year I have to be honest a hobby butterfly and had little focus on completion of many of my projects. I expect that bell rings true for many of us hobbyists. So after the break I am going to layout my 2019 Hobby Resolutions.







  • Weekly Blog updates, focusing on better pictures and a bit more text. I will still be using Instagram to post up lunch time progress shots.
  • Flames of War- This year is going to be busy at work with Late War coming out in June, I am aiming to focus on the German forces throughout the books. Starting by finishing off my Mixed Panzer Division for Khursk.
  • As already shown my new 40K army is Orks, I am planning of having it legal and ready to play by March.
  • As we have a gaming centre at work, me and Chris are planning to play 2 games a week.
  • Monthly Model Focus. I will be picking and painting 1 model a month to paint to the best of my ability and looking to focus on what I feel is a painting weakness. I long term aim is to start entering painting competitions. 
  • Monthly Podcast, me and Chris have been talking about making a monthly podcast, so in January we are going to sit down and plan it out and knock up our first episode. (god help us Lol)
  • Pick a new gaming system and have a blast learning and playing
  • Play all the board games I bought in 2018. Massive Darkness, Zombicide Black Plague & Green Horde, The Dectectives, This War of Mine, Blackstone Fortress.
  • Enter at least 4 Tournaments in the year, to keep me focused on a project.
  • Keep my hobby spends to under £40 a month, so that I work my way through the growing back pile.
  • Tidy and focus the hobby room.
  • Turn the garage into a gaming room.
So quite a few resolutions for the year. At the start of the month I will set forward a series of monthly objectives and a reward at the end of the month.

I am really looking forward to my hobby in 2019.

Have you got any resolutions?

Catch you on the flip side


No comments:

Post a Comment