Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Monday 23 April 2018

Avanti Italian Forces in North Africa 1942-43

Avanti Italian Forces in North Africa 1942-43

 'The German soldier has impressed the world, however the Italian Bersagliere soldier has impressed the German soldier'
Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel
On 10th of June, the Italian dictator Benito Mussolini known as IL Duce, joined the war on the side of the Axis forces, declaring war on Great Britain and France. He had dreams of a new Roman Empire, which he would start by kicking the British out of North Africa. 

Check after the break on some internal book pics and contents. Plus my thoughts on a new Flames of War project.



This book covers:

Background on the Italian 132nd Armoured Division in Gazala and El Alamein.

Background on 131st Centauro Armoured Division in the Kasserne Pass and El Guetter.

Instructions on how to build your forces for Tank Companies, Weapons Companies or Rifle Companies.

A detailed painting guide. 



 First up in the book is the overall history of the conflict in North Africa, focusing on the Italian Divisions. Battlefront has covered the British, German and American history in their own respective books.

For those not well versed in the battles, this is a great read giving an idea of the scope and speed of the battles as well as some thoughts on your army building.

 Up next in the book are the guides on building your armies to take to the table and the force lists. Three differing army lists in here to suit your style of play. Or combine them to have a more balanced force. There is also options at the back of the lists to include a German Support Allied unit and formations, this can help add some heavier German equipment.



Never painted any Flames of War or WWII Italian models, there is a great painting guide to take you through your first initial steps on creating your army.


With the office taking Germans and British when they came out, I decided that I would become one of the 8 million bayonets.

I am still feeling my way with Mid War with most of my games either being Late War or Team Yankee. So I am looking at a 100 point force using Lorenzo's Rams starter box as the core of my army. So a mix of tanks and artillery to start with. Then looking at infantry so that I can hold those all important objectives. Then to finish the list planes as I love my planes.

Next up with Flames of War will be my unboxing of Lorenzo's Rams, and a bit more of an idea of my starting 100 point force.


1 comment: