Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Friday 5 January 2018

Project Ultramarines Part 1

Project Ultramarines Part 1

Since my last post been mulling over how I want my Ultramarines to progress and what format I want the army to take. Many years ago I took part in a lot of tournaments, never very successful but enjoyed the games and meeting new gamers. I also found it focused my hobby to ensure that a new army was completed.

Unfortunately I have missed out on this years Grand Tournament with the last heat sold out and next month. So this will give me 10 months to collect paint and get a host of games under my belt.

Check after the break my set of Objectives




So I have the following objectives:

1. Intel

What lists are being used in this years GT, so getting on the forums and popping up to the GT and seeing what is what.

2. Army list

Good generic list that can look to tackle most forces. Now I am woefully out of practise in getting a balanced army. So I am going to go with the heart and write the list that I think is thematic and give my opponent a good game.

3. Collect

Once the list is written collect the army and start the project plan for assembly and painting.

4. Painting

Boy this will be the tough one, the scheme I have chosen is time consuming but I am really liking the finish. I am still debating on if I am going to pick up an airbrush to speed up the process. I know the stumbling will be the vehicles as it is large flat areas and not sure how the gloss effect will take.

Any advice welcome when it comes to an airbrush.

5. Games, Games, Games,

I need to play a lot of games to ensure that I know my army, fine tune it to ensure that I give my opponent the best possible game.

So I am looking out for more opponents. If you are close to Nottingham and fancy meeting up for a game at Warhammer World let me know and lets see what we can pencil in.

So fairly easy set of objectives Lol.

But looking forward to getting to grips with this army.

What hobby goals have you got?


No comments:

Post a Comment