Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Sunday 6 October 2019

Dreadtober- Vapian’s take

Dreadtober- Vapian’s take



Being a long time Space Marine and Imperial Guard player, this summer with the release of the Contrast Paints from GW, I took the plunge and bought a Tau Army from scratch. This was only to have an excuse to use the Contrast Paints, on an army I had long wanted to get together and play for WH40K. 

Never one to do it by halves, my rationale was to get everything i wanted in my army, in one jump; simultaneously hiding my purchases from the missus and also paint the army in a single hit. 

So one big purchase later, which included the Start Collecting boxset (x2) and a tonne of pathfinders, crisis suits and the jewels in my gunline a Broadside and a Riptide, all I have to do is choose a colour scheme. But my lovely big models? These are huge models compared to anything I’ve painted for 40K before and lend themselves well to Dreadtober. 



After a conversation with your regular host DibDab666, I was convinced to paint at least one of my Tau Dreadnaught sized models for Dreadtober, especially as my painting queue had stalled with Flames Of War projects, work, life in general and too many hours replaying Assassin’s Creed Odeyssey in September...

So this is my pledge. The Riptide will be up first (my rationale being if I get the biggest model out of the way first, hopefully medium and small models will follow a lot easier and almost appear done on their own) then everything else. 

Also I have some Flames Of War Infantry begging me to get painted as well, so I will post regular updates on both projects. Then I can get back into the painting groove as Aeronautica Imperialis and my aforementioned Crimson Fists are also vying for space on the painting station. A hobbyists life is never completed!

Vapian

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to see your paint work on this. Also the end of month match up

    ReplyDelete