Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Wednesday 11 October 2017

WIP Predator Stage 1

WIP Predator Stage 1

Well it is not those type of Predators but I am sure that you get the idea of what might be coming next.

Check after the jump first work in progress on my new predator.


As you will have seen in a previous post my current army list contains a Land Raider as my heavy anti tank choose. However having read through the rules a bit more and watching my regular gaming buddies game last week, I decided that the Land Raider just did not have enough firepower.

So looking through the codex again have decided to swap out for 2 predators. This will increase the amount of shots that I can put out and also less points.

Being a long in the tooth hobbyist I remember seeing David Soper's Nurgle predator from 1990.

I loved this model as an young hobbyist and it brings back fond memories. I am not going to copy this work but look at this as inspiration for what I want Father Nurgle to bestow his gifts.

Started work on the front panel at work today, just a bit of roughing up ready for the next stage

The next stage is starting with Green Stuff to produce the rot.

The challenges I really face with this project is that I have never sculpted with Green Stuff apart from the odd gap filling. 

Check back as I learn how to sculpt and hopefully have a finished item that befits Father Nurgle

What is your latest project?







No comments:

Post a Comment