Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Monday 25 September 2017

Army List: The Mouldering Claw

Army List: The Mouldering Claw

Morning fellow  Bloggers and Blog readers, todays post will be taking you through my 120 points power rating Death Guard army list, I am hoping that I am going to be able to attend the Throne of Skulls at the end of November.

The new format is all about sporting behaviour and themed armies rather than win at all costs. I love the idea and the sentiment behind that, however I am under no illusion that with the points still being more heavily in favour of the points of the win, there will still be the players that want to turn up an have the power WAAC armies.

So with 120 points that can be spread over 3 detachments I sat down with the new Death Guard codex some pen, paper and a cup of tea.

Read after the break




I have never played with a Chaos army in 40K but with the new models in Dark Imperium and some of the upcoming releases I knew I was sold. I always tend me to sold on the models and then start reading to find the background that peeks my interest.

I love the Mortarion model but I do think that to take him to a Tournament is a little bit of an over kill. So I am looking towards Typhus as my main HQ choice. Below is my working list that I want to have some testing with. It comes to a total of 116 points which does mean that I can squeeze in another character if I choose or stay under the points total so that I may well get the opportunity to get a Ruse or a Sudden Death card from the Open War Decks.


            
HQ Total Points 15

Typhus 9

Malignant Plague Caster 6

Troops Total Points 30

10 Poxwalkers 3

10 Poxwalkers 3

10 Plague Bearers 4

7 Plague Marines 10

7 Plague Marines 10

Elites Total Points 22

Noxius Blightbringer 4

Plague Surgeon 4

Blightlord Terminators 14

Fast Attack Total Points 22

Plague Drones 6

Bloat Drone 8

Bloat Drone 8

Heavy Total Points 27

1 Plagueburst Crawlers 8

1 Chaos Landraider 19
     
            
So what do you think to the list?

Any of you planning on going to the first Throne of Skulls?
            
            
            

No comments:

Post a Comment