Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Sunday 29 March 2020

Some Thoughts On Isolation, Quarantine and HobbyTime

Quarantine and Isolation Thoughts and a new project Hobby From Home

Hi guys!



It’s been a while since I contributed to Dibdab’s Hobby Blog, and finding myself sitting at home with not a lot else to do in these strange times we find ourselves in, I thought it best to start updating again.

But first a few thoughts on Isolation HobbyTime. Here in the UK we are under a government induced lockdown, where we are prohibited from leaving the house other than for essential food shopping, medical care or to travel to work for those unable to work from home. As the boss has graciously given us 2 weeks paid holiday to tie the business over and ensure we are still paid, and only having a few hours a week where I have to check emails, I thought it the perfect time to find some time for myself and my hobby.



And thus I find myself in a new push on getting through my various projects (some work related, some personal) that have been kicking around the old hobby area for a while. Prior to this, I’d been finding every excuse under the sun to not put paint to plastic or just play a game, and since playing is now a no no (social distancing 101) painting it is :)

This also serves to give me the kick up the backside I need (how else am I going to occupy myself other than staring at the 4 walls?!) to actually finish some outstanding projects and armies.



So here we are, my to do list over the next 14days which will serve me well in clearing some space, ticking off some quite outstanding pieces and also occupying my thoughts:


  • Warhammer 40k Tau (also my chance to actually use the contrast paints I bought on release)
  • USMC Gulf War Team Yankee force
  • Outstanding Brit Para Company for Flames of War
  • Aeronautica Imperial fighter wing for AI
  • Start my LW Soviet Tank Army for FOW
  • Adeptus Titanicus Titans (all built for over 2yrs but languishing alone in the dark)
  • Black Powder British Napoleonic's which have also lain unloved in my drawers
  • British Fleet for Black Seas



I don’t think it an ambitious list, but actually sitting down and going at it has been the issue to date. So my pledge for Hobby From Home is to get down on it, post my progress and see what I can produce. I will be posting on here WIP updates and also on my Instagram too (@dark_vapian)

What projects will you be looking at doing? Also share what your social media accounts are at so I can take some inspiration as I’m completing my list!



vapian 

No comments:

Post a Comment