Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Saturday 29 April 2017

Kitbash:UCM Cruisers

Kitbash:UCM Cruisers



Today's post is another Kitbash and it is the UCM Cruisers that I unboxed earlier this month.

Check after the break for more pictures and thoughts on the kit.


As mentioned in the Unboxing you have 9 Cruiser variants to choose from. Not yet picked up the core game so I picked the 2 that I liked the best.

First up is a Seattle Fleet Carrier. It comes with 2 large bays on the port and starboard sides above the engine bays. Underneath the bow of the ship are 2 large guns that look like they have good firearcs to the front and the flanks.


Next up is a St Petersburg Heavy Cruiser. Instead of the flight bays there are couple of gun batteries with what looks like frontal and flank fire arcs and then 2 large guns on the frontal arc one sitting on the top dorsal line and the other nestling under the bridge.

The frames are very clean cast easy to clip and the designers have thought where the clipping points are for ease of cleaning. There are 4 basic hull options which are the building blocks for the 9 variant cruisers. Each of the frames still have plenty of parts left on them, not sure how much conversion options there are but I am sure once I pick up the book I will see what can be done with them.

The construction guide recommends a grey colour scheme, but I think I am going to steer away from that, I am a Formula 1 fan so I might pick a team colour and use that as the basis for the fleet colour scheme.

Will be slapping some paint on them later this week so check in to see the progress.

Dibs




No comments:

Post a Comment